Grouchy gets frustrated easily and then he gives up. He really gets rattled when he's not sure what is going on. I was trying to re-teach him how to bow. He knew this at one point, but as we're playing puppy poker, I've realized we need to work on his repertoire of tricks! I was getting frustrated with him too and that made it worse. After a few tries, he ran off into our bedroom to lie down. Even worse, I tried again today and I was not frustrated at all with him, but he shut down after a few attempts and run off into the bedroom. So, I need to be better at training him, break things down into smaller steps, and maybe work on capturing. On the plus, he is pretty good at "yum yum" even though we don't do it much.
Puppy poker is going ok - again, we are not that consistent, but I've been asking him to do something different (than the previous day) for stuff and he seems to start to get it and comply a little quicker each time.
Sassy, on the other hand, keeps trying. We're trying to practice 2-on-2-off for agility, where her back paws are on a different, elevated surface than her front and she has to hold it there. I think my wood piece wasn't raised enough for her to get the idea, but she kept at it. I'll try it with a raised piece next, but I didn't think a cardboard box would support her weight.
It still amazes me how different they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment