Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Steps Forward and Steps Back

11/19/14 - On our morning walk yesterday Grouchy did 2 really neat things!
1) I dropped our bag of treats and couldn't find it.  I first put Grouchy in a stay to look for it with Sassy but I wasn't successful and she wasn't helpful.  So, I told Grouchy to go find it - and... he did!  I'm impressed, it was an open grassy area, we were probably at least 50 feet away when I realized it was missing and he back-tracked and found it (it had been blown around from where we were so my backtracking turned up nothing)!
2) The pool on the mall is drained but he's always been curious about it (filled or drained).  There were sticks lying the bottom and I told him to go get - and he did!  It wasn't a terrible jump but he's never done it before and it's usually filled with water.  He got a stick and brought it back up!

Today's walk was a disaster.  He must have been on the scent of something because he kept pulling.  Sassy alternated between dragging really slow, stopping abruptly and walking slowly but nicely in front.  I had no patience for either of them.  And when we got back home, Grouchy couldn't settle.  He kept whining and barking.  He's finally gone to nap in bed.  SIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment