Took Grouchy and Sassy hiking yesterday. We passed a couple on the way there, turned around, and passed them again on the way back. The first time was without incident - was this because we were headed the same direction? The way back, he lunged and growled at the guy. He didn't touch the guy, I think he stopped himself because he caught me off guard and I had the leash, which I didn't let go, but I don't think my holding it was any restraint... which is another problem...
We passed another couple but I took him off the path and that was w/o incident.
Then there was a family with a dog, again, took him off path, he didn't seem to care too much, defnitely didn't lunge even when the other dog was growling at Sas and Dad.
As we got onto the road, another man with a dog was walking towards us. I took Sas across the street and Dad kept Grouchy on the same side of the road and held him back while the other dog passed. I think we need to give him more space, but I think Dad is being macho and since he CAN hold him back, he does that. But that's not the point right? The point is for him to never feel like he has to react. Hmm.... guess I should explain this.
No comments:
Post a Comment