Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Sassy's Turn

A post just for Sassy:
Sassy has been in agility for almost a year now.  She is good at it!  I mean she's not a border collie but I am impressed by how fearless she is on the dog walk and how she takes a few times to learn something.  Usually she doesn't get it the first week, but the next week, especially if it's a body awareness thing, she's figured it out.  She still doesn't hold a 2 on 2 off and I need to do more work with her on that.
On the other hand, at more traditional Newf activities, she's more hesitant.  We tried her at drafting - she's scared of the shafts and a little weary of the cart too.  I think we pushed her too far too fast.  I didn't think she'd have an issue with the shafts at all so we hooked her right in and she didn't like it.  I should have known to go slower.  I think this is why she has done well in agility, Tara is really good about not pushing things and introducing things without making a big deal out of it.
As for swimming, Sassy has shown no interest in swimming.  She loves to be in the water as long as she can stand.  When it gets warmer, I'll see if it helps if I'm in the water with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment