I don't want to jinx it, but Grouchy has been doing well on his neighborhood walks. He offers attention and will now sit when I stop and will down and jump up to touch. Still working on that Schutzhund down, he did some great ones yesterday, todays' weren't that sharp but they were also on asphalt. But I'm able to ask for down and keep walking and he'll do it, just not drop quickly. I think we can work on that, but I think it's good progress that he will do these things! I will try have to try in new places too.
Sassy also had a great walk. We had dogs in front of us and I started just clicking and treating her - she was clearly focused on them. Then she began to look and then offer eye contact, so I just started clicking that. I was also able to call her back quickly (run backwards type recalls). She's been offering fast sits when I stop too.
Bottom line - when I slack, they slack. I need to keep up the work, because both seem eager to work and engage.
No comments:
Post a Comment