Great stuff yesterday, Tobasco and I headed to the beach - but the road was closed for tree cutting. We parked anyways and decided to walk down the road, I thought the closure pertained more to cars rather than all traffic.. well... it probably meant all traffic. BUT we got to walk past horses with Tobasco definitely noticing them, but not barking. The machine noise might have helped. We walked past all sorta of machinery, trucks, and people working. It was really great, especially since he normally does not walk down paved streets willingly - it could have helped that he was familiar and maybe knew there was a beach at the end of it - and we got a mainly deserted beach where he got to run around and fetch reeds from the water (couldn't find sticks).
He didn't do so hot at the vets' - and we were only in the lobby. It was really busy though.
Sasparilla's obedience class is going... I still haven't quite taken to it. I think I might be hypersensitive to uncomfortable dogs because of Tobasco, but I noticed 2 clearly uncomfortable dogs, and the trainer just tried to make the dogs do it anyways. I really don't think when a GS's tail is tucked, it means he just wants to play with Sasparilla instead of doing the obedience stuff. I think the class moves way too fast too, she held her sit-stay for a long time, through many distractions, but by the time the trainer came to her to be "her" distraction, she had already seen the trainer pass by and distract other dogs, which is a distraction in itself.
I am still going because it is a great distracting environment for her and us to practice in.
Today Sasparilla and I are going to do some therapy work. Poor Tobasco is not getting his morning walk. He's been looking at me like when are we going? I'll have to make it up to him when I get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment