Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weight pull and more

Grouchy Pants had weight pull class tonight, it's only his second class - he's built like a puller but I don't think he's got the motivation.  He did 3 pulls tonight but refused to do a fourth.  He seemed either scared or really distracted by something as we walked up to do the fourth.  He was fine the first 3!  Kept trying to go out the door...
In any case, his last pull was great!  Not much weight, but he seemed to get the steady pulling idea instead of pull-stop-pull-stop... I hope to stop bribing him soon.  I think it will be better if Dad comes with and cheers him on from one end while I hold his leash next to him.

Sassy Pants had a low key day.  She got to play at daycare and that was about it.  Spent a bit of time in her crate at home though, got into shoes, cans, etc.  She doesn't seem to learn to leave stuff alone!

We also tried a shaping session with Grouchy Pants, trying to get him to raise his right paw, he's very left paw dominant.  Got to think of the next thing to shape while we work on the right paw.  I think it's going to be lifting a paw while standing, sorta polite looking.  Maybe we can do a paw lift and then a bow for a greeting.  Have to teach Sassy Pants to bow, haven't really seen her do it at all - not to play or stretch.


No comments:

Post a Comment