Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Home Alone

Today I left the house after putting Grouchy and Sassy in their crates.  Mr Dog Walker came in maybe 5-10 minutes after I left.  Grouchy whined when he saw Mr Dog Walker so that's a good!  Grouchy let Mr Dog Walker put his collar on but kept running away when Mr Dog Walker tried to get his harness on.  Not sure why, but running away is a great response, better than anything else!  Mr Dog Walker tried a few times but didn't push Grouchy.  In the end, he took Grouchy's collar off and then was able to put his harness on.  I'm not sure what that's about, but my guess is that Grouchy just wants to play with the laser pointer and doesn't want to walk.  While Mr Dog Walker was trying to get the harness on Grouchy, Sassy escaped from her crate.  I think she just paws at the door enough to undo the top latch and then she pushes her way out (with the bottom latch still locked).  It's a tight squeeze for a big girl but she's determined.  She lacks impulse control and patience.  Sigh.
This is good progress for Grouchy though, I start a job next week and Mr Dog Walker's services will be needed for real.  He'll be coming around every day for 2 weeks to mainly walk Sassy and give Grouchy some play time and a bathroom break.  I think it'll be fine but it would be nice if Grouchy would step outside with Mr Dog Walker eventually.  I think if Mr Dog Walker has time, he might just take Grouchy for a ride, he'd like that I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment