I'm not sure if I posted Grouchy's updated liver test results. We did a blood test in December and all his results came back normal. Cholesterol was still a little high but everything else came back down. I'm happy about the results but a little skeptical or rather, I'm hoping they didn't test the wrong dogs' blood or something. We added the grains and veggies to their diet, cut back on the ground meat at least - no more Honest Kitchen Preference. And Grouchy finished 200 g of Xiao Yao San, he was probably off it for 3 days before we did the bloodwork. He's back on it now, I think it makes a change in his behavior, less "grouchy" - i.e., less possessive about stuff and even then, a more reserved reaction. While we were waiting for the new supply to come it, there were several posturing fights between Grouchy and Sassy over food - mainly when she was still eating and he was stalking her crate. She had the right to be growling but he escalated it. He seems to have been in similar situations since while on the herbs and no reaction. All anecdotal for now, but I'll try to remember to observe carefully from now on.
By the way, Grouchy was good during the blood draw. He was fasted but we did let him have peanut butter during the draw. We couldn't get enough blood from one hind leg so had to turn him around to do the other leg. We even had the doctor + vet tech to occlude. I was feeding him, Dad body blocked and held his middle, doctor + vet tech were behind him. He did great and even got some treats and interaction with doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment