I think we're up to 6 meetings with Mr Dog Walker. Like last time, Grouchy and Sassy were crated before Mr Dog Walker came. Or rather, they were crated when I saw Mr Dog Walker's car pull up in the driveway. I don't think crating is an indicator because I've been crating them when I leave for work too. Sassy at least, and Grouchy intermittently. He really is a wonderful dog, doesn't chew stuff or get into things, he just sleeps on the couch. Sassy gets into things and is quite lethal to DVD cases and remote controls.
Anyways, there was a lot of barking when Mr Dog Walker came in and walked downstairs, but this was before Grouchy recognized him. When he did, he started wagging his tail and whining. All good signs for Mr Dog Walker!
Mr Dog Walker gave Grouchy treats and let him out and played with the laser pointer. I think Grouchy gets more exercise in 15 minutes with the laser pointer than he does on a 2 hour hike. He's panting heavily and actually needs to drink water after 5 minutes of playing. On hikes, it seems like he can go on forever.
Anyways, we're going to meet once more this week, go through the same routine, but maybe teach him something new too. I'm thinking "Close the door" or just pushing a big green ball around in a certain direction.
Sassy needs her turn too!
No comments:
Post a Comment